Thursday, February 2, 2012

Special Words from a Special Woman...

My mom, Jackie Grossart, discovered a joy for writing rather late in life.  She would spend hours clacking away on her electric Royal in an upstairs room in our little house north of Denver, working on articles for the local Broomfield paper, and, for a time, even plugging-away at a novel.  She used the pen name 'Shirley Frost', her middle and maiden names combined.  After she passed away in 2003, I brought her writings home...and this is one of them.


I clearly remember the robin that would perch atop Mom's CB antenna (her handle was 'Green Acres Base').  As the sun would set, that bird would perch and sing its song, evening after evening, after evening, after evening.  A special memory, captured in the short essay she titled, "Someday Dreams".

Mom very seldom saw her words in print...so, I'm posting this for her, free for download at Smashwords:  SOMEDAY DREAMS

I hope you enjoy her unique perspective on life as much as I do.

3 comments:

  1. A very special tribute to an obviously special lady. Thanks for sharing your mom with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky mom you had/have. I am sure she is very proud to finally have her words out for more to see and enjoy. Downloading it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touching... a truly beautiful perspective on life. I could almost see the world through her eyes. Thank you for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete