Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2012 ABNA Second Round Announcement

It dawned on me today that it's almost time!

Time for what?

Oh.  Sorry.

Time for the 2012 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) announcement for the Second Rounders!  This coming Thursday, 23 Feb, they'll announce the 1,000 entries that are moving on to the second round of the contest.  It's a big cut--1,000 from the initial 5,000 entries, based on a 300-word pitch.  Last year, my novel THE COMING made it through the second round to the quarterfinals (top 250)...I'm hoping THE MENGELE EFFECT does at least that well this year!

The results should be posted here sometime Thursday...[fingers crossed, not only for my book but also for one other writer who entered, who I won't mention here, but her name rhymes with "Kim Stokely"]

Stay tuned...

4 comments: