Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Me? On the radio? No way. (Yes way!)

May 9, 2017, is going to be a very exciting day. Not only is it the publication day for THE ARGUS DECEIT, I've also been invited to join Patzi Gil on her "Joy on Paper" radio program!


Patzi describes her program as, "A radio program for writers and those who dream of writing--and for everyone who wants to know the story behind the book." She's based out of Clearwater, Florida, on 1340-AM and 106.1-FM on the Tan Talk Radio Network.

When I received the email from my agent telling me about the invite, I immediately looked Patzi up...her story is an inspiration for anyone who has a great idea and is willing to chase it until it comes true. As a writer who suffered through hundreds of rejections--but never gave up--her story really resonated with me. Here's a link that tells her story, from ePRNews. She had an idea, pitched it, fought for it, and after 2+ years her reach over the airwaves continues to grow; by the end of this year her radio show will be carried on over 100 radio stations across the US. Amazing. And, she even has her own billboard! How many people can say that? ;)


On Tuesday May 9 @ 11:00 a.m. eastern time, I'll be talking to Patzi about THE ARGUS DECEIT, probably my other books, and...oh my gosh I have no idea! *gulp* I've got to be honest here; a radio interview is plowing completely new ground for me...and I'm not even a farmer! Am I nervous? A little. Me no talk so good sometimes, and when nervous I am, like Yoda words from mouth spill out, yessss. Hopefully I don't come off sounding too much like a knucklehead! (Well, not any more than usual, I guess.)

I'm definitely honored to be a guest on Patzi's show, and I'm thankful for the wonderful opportunity she's providing to get the word out about THE ARGUS DECEIT. This book was an absolute blast to write, and I can't wait to talk about it! So if you happen to be in the Tampa Bay area on May 9, tune in to either 1340-AM or 106.1-FM @ 11:00 a.m. and give it a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment