Sunday, May 21, 2017

Operation Paperback

I recently discovered a non-profit organization called Operation Paperback that sends books overseas to deployed troops. Since I'm definitely not a "book signing event" kind of guy, I have a number of author copies of my novels gathering dust on my bookcase and I figured this would be a worthwhile way for me (as a person who never deployed) to remind our guys and gals serving overseas that people back home are thinking of them, are grateful for what they're doing, and maybe give them a way to escape for a few minutes--when they're able to--in the pages of a book. All of the signed copies stacked on my desk will be heading out sometime this week. It's a little thing, but it's something I can do.

If you're interested in Operation Paperback, there's a button on the top of my website that'll take you to their website or you can head to http://www.operationpaperback.org/ . You can also find them on Facebook at Operation Paperback.


No comments:

Post a Comment