Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Publishing Journey ... Just Got Better!

Near the end of the editing process for THE GEMINI EFFECT, Jason Kirk, my editor at 47North, asked if I had anything else written that he could take a look at (which is exactly what I hoped I'd hear).  After going back and forth for a few weeks, we both decided to go with something new instead of trying a re-write of my first self-published novel, THE COMING.

I took one of the short story ideas I had--tentatively titled "The Dark"--expanded it into a 9-page synopsis for a novel, and sent it off to Jason.  He pitched it to their editorial board, and received approval to make an offer.  I accepted.

This evening, I signed a contract with 47North for that next novel--THE PHOENIX DESCENT--which will be out sometime in early 2016.

Winning the 2014 ABNA for Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror was a dream come true, but in a way this is even better--the team at 47North is willing to take another chance on my writing even before THE GEMINI EFFECT's launch date.

It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment