Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 - A Very Good Year! Bring On 2013!

One year ago today, I decided to take one of my novels, THE COMING, and self-publish it through Smashwords.com.  I'm glad I did...

Since that day, I also published my second novel, THE MENGELE EFFECT, and watched as they both made their way to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Diesel, the Apple Bookstore, Sony, and a couple other eBook stores.  As of today, I've sold 72 novels combined (36 of each).  No, those aren't huge numbers, but for just throwing them out there to see if anyone might read them, I'm pretty happy!  I made enough money to fill-up my Cherokee approx. one and a half times, too, so that's good... ;)

To end 2012, I decided to try my hand at writing "flash fiction"--short stories of 1,000 words or less.  In the last 23 days, I've knuckled-down and written 7 flash fiction horror stories (all between 900-1,000 words).  I really enjoy trying to cram a complete story in just a few pages, and I think I've been successful...they've been downloaded a combined total of 501 times (yes, I'm counting), with twenty-one 4 and 5-STAR ratings! (being FREE helps, but what the heck!)  Those reviews are what any writer craves...good and bad, but I sure do enjoy reading the good ones!  If you're reading this post, and you left one of those reviews, THANK YOU!

For 2013, I plan on writing more flash fiction, and concentrate on taking a few dusty (electronically speaking) novel drafts and write them as 9-10,000 word short stories instead.  I've also committed to the Nebraska Writers' Workshop to finish a short story I've let sit idle for almost a year, titled, "The Coin".  I plan on releasing it this coming March on Smashwords.com (it says so on my web page now, so I HAVE to do it!)

So, keep your eyes peeled in 2013 for more goofy horror/supernatural stories as I dig them out from the back of my misshapen bald cranium!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment